Hey there everyone and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! I have not blogged in over 4 months….LAZY!!! But, am back (for now!).
A LOT has changed in the past 4 months! I now am working in Charleston…while still living in the Capitol City, AND I GOT A ROOMMATE! My roommate is awesome and I will divulge his awesomeness soon!
As I am now working in another city over 100 miles away, I am considering putting my lovely abode on the market to see if I can get any takers and to give me options…to do this, A LOT of work MUST be done!
I decided to begin with my bathroom. It was a *lovely* shade of blue…
BUT, had a LOT of issues!
Well, you get the idea…this bathroom was in a MUCH NEEDED makeover!!
I had TONS of paint from when my sister decided to paint her house!!
(Story time: My sister painted her house. She bought like 10 GALLONS of paint and only ended up using like 2…but, she special ordered the color, so the store would not take it back…so, I was gifted with glorious GALLONS of paint!!)
First, I decided to fix some of the cracks and wrinkles and broken bits in the walls with some spackle, which meant that I had to first take all the things off the walls, which meant I needed some tools. What woman doesn’t love a multi-use tool…
And, away went the cabinet, mirror, and fixture plates!
Next, I decided to scrape off the peeling and bubbling parts of the walls.
This took a LOT longer than I anticipated, and after 4 HOURS of scraping I had gotten this far:
I decided this was GOOD ENOUGH! As, the rest of the bathroom was not nearly as bad as these areas, and I was tired. Do you see all the years of paint…my word! Some of the paint came off in nice chunks, while some was more fine. It lead me to think…is this wallpaper paint??
After all the contemplation, I decided it was time to spackle! I found some BEAUTIFUL pink spackle, that dries white!
BUT, THEN DISASTER STRUCK!
Thankfully, I have a lowes down the street, so I picked up more!
Once the spackle was dry I sanded it down as best I could, but…
some parts were not as dry as I thought, so it clumped off!
But, luckily it was in a spot which was covered up by the fixture covers!
Now that my walls were no longer cracked and wrinkly, I decided to fix some of those seams and cracks in the caulking!
It is AMAZING what a little caulk can do!
Now, as you can see between the scraping, spackling, sanding, and caulking I was exhausted! This project was also done over a period of about 4 weeks. We are talking 4 WEEKS of having all the bathroom materials IN THE HALLWAY. Needless to say, my roommate was not the happiest camper about having to get the toothbrushes out of the hall…
Painting and ANOTHER DISASTER are still ahead on As the Bathroom Turns!